The Gaiser Center is an intensive, highly individualized residential treatment facility for the chemically dependent. We believe that addiction is a biological, psychosocial disease which disrupts cognitive, psychological, physical and spiritual development; therefore, we strongly support recovery fellowships based on the Twelve Step program for recovery. Our primary treatment goal is continued chemical abstinence and resolution of issues to facilitate productive, long-term sobriety.
- Residential treatment stays vary in length (14 to 90 days).
- Both male and female clients over the age of 18 are considered.
- Using a comprehensive therapeutic model, our professional staff help clients to: address their own addictive behaviors, accept their diagnosis, and begin taking responsibility for their own lives.
- Kitchen, laundry, and recreation facilities are all on site.
- Individual and group counseling.
- Treatment includes rehabilitation or habilitation of basic living skills.
- Attendance and participation at AA and NA meetings in the local recovery community.
- Our treatment goal is to produce clients who are ready to re-enter society as recovering individuals who are living clean, sober, and responsibly … one day at a time.
- Supportive and safe environment that promotes change in the client's lifestyle.
- Work with the client to identify outside barriers to recovery.
- Provide HIV / Hepatitis / TB / STD education and testing.
- Utilization of a multi-disciplinary approach to persons with a mental health diagnosis (in addition to their addiction).
INPATIENT PROGRAM SUMMARIES
"3B" Level of Care: "SHORT TERM."
The "short term" residential treatment program addresses the psychosocial impairment of clients who display acute symptoms of distress. The milieu includes individual and group therapy sessions as well as a collaborative case management process. Clients participate in psychoeducational lectures, wellness groups, relapse prevention planning, and counseling for infectious diseases. Level 3B clients may expect a length of stay of (typically) 14-21 days and are expected to transfer to an accredited outpatient program or halfway house. Clients participate in drug free recreational activities and activities for daily living. The treatment focus for 3B clients is "rehabilitation."
"3C" Level of Care: "LONG TERM."
The "long term" residential treatment program addresses the psychosocial impairment of clients who display symptoms of chronic distress. Level 3C clients present with severe social, financial, occupational, and educational shortcomings which require intensive individual and group therapy. Clients will address errors in thinking, criminal and/or self-defeating behaviors, and consequences. The focus is one of global lifestyle changes required to motivate permanent change. Level 3C clients focus on improving social skills, mastering activities for daily living, lowered educational/employability levels, and the need for ongoing vocational support. The long-term goal of Level 3C clients is to re-integrate into society with noticeable, positive stability and support. The treatment focus for 3C clients is "habilitation."
WE OFFER SPECIALTY TRACKS SUCH AS:
- Life Skills
- Gender Specific Groups
- Wellness Groups
- Relapse Prevention Track
- Coping Skills
- Family Program
- Co-occurring Disorder Track (Many clients treated at the Gaiser Center present with co-occurring disorders, but are stabilized)
- Co-occurring Psychiatric Monitoring
- Psychiatric Medication Monitoring
- Medical Services
Click to view the larger image